Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's been a trying 4 months

I have been sad and hurt for the past 4 months. Back in the middle of July, the greatest father to my husband passed away suddenly from a massive heart attack while out on a hike with 20 friends. It still hurts that he's not here and enjoying things with us. Well, he is here, but not physically. Our son is suffering tremendously and everyday asks if he Papa is coming home soon. He is understanding more and more everyday that we will not see Papa again until we get to heaven but he doesn't like it. Actually his words are "It's not fair". I whole heartedly agree son. My heart aches everyday for not getting to see him anymore. He was fabulous. When I married Eugene, all he ever wanted was for me to call him Dad. So I did. I am glad I honored his wish a long time ago. He was 66 and in fabulous shape. He was just starting to be a red belt in tae kwon do and exercised everyday, or hiked everyday, or would go walking in the wood with Linus. I would call him at least once a day to just chit chat and ask dumb questions just to talk to him. I am so honoed to have known and loved him. I have been married to Eugene for 12 1/2 years but I have known his family since I was 13. I always called him Mr. B. It was a slight challenge to call him Gene at first but then Dad felt much better and more respectful.
The most wonderful Husband, Dad, Papa, and Father in Law left this world on July 17, 2010. At his funeral, he packed out the church with over 400 attendees. I was in awe and I was honored to know such a man that touched so many people that had deep respect for him. There truly wasn't a dry eye in the church. Linus included.

Dad, I will see you again. I love you and thank you for making such an impact on my life.

No comments: